Star Wars fever is beginning to grip the nation once again. We are less than two months away from the release of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story — the latest story trailer whet our appetites when it was released earlier this month — while we have also just learned that Donald Glover is the new Lando Calrissian.
British car dealership Motorparks has taken a unique spin on celebrating all things Star Wars by looking at some of the real-world cars which could tackle some of the terrain seen across this famous movie universe.
Here’s a look at their findings:
For Tatooine…the Jeep Wrangler
Tatooine’s landscape under the spotlight
- It’s an arid and sparsely populated planet that’s covered in sand.
- In the Star Wars franchise, landspeeders are used by the majority of visitors and inhabitants to get across the rocky and sandy terrain quickly.
- It boasts a hot and arid climate.
Why the Jeep Wrangler suits
- The Jeep Wrangler would be able to take to Tatooine’s terrain with ease, thanks to its heavy-duty, off-road performance.
- Its powerful 280bhp engine is capable of delivering 0-62mph in 10.6 seconds and a top speed of 107mph — ideal for escaping any Tusken Raiders who are causing trouble.
- The vehicle has a removable canopy, which you would appreciate when the heat gets too much.
For Coruscant…the Aston Martin Vanquish
Coruscant’s landscape under the spotlight
- It’s an enormous city world that boasts a sprawling urban environment.
- The lower levels of the planet are off limits due to the presence of toxic fumes.
- It has a temperate climate.
Why the Aston Martin Vanquish suits
- The Aston Martin Vanquish has a sleek, stylish and futuristic design that will help it stand out among the many other vehicles which are zipping across Coruscant.
- Its powerful 568bhp engine is capable of delivering 0-62mph in four seconds and a top speed of 197mph — keeping up with Coruscant’s air taxis needn’t be a concern.
- It’s a premium vehicle that you can imagine Galactic councilors and senators using to get from A to B.
For Endor…the Fiat Panda 4×4
Endor’s landscape under the spotlight
- The forest moon of Endor is filled with difficult-to-navigate forests, grasslands and mountains.
- In the Star Wars franchise, speeder bikes are used by the majority of visitors to handle the off-road conditions.
Why the Fiat Panda 4×4 suits
- The Fiat Panda 4×4 is one of the smallest 4×4 vehicles on the market today — this sleek design would make it a great choice for zipping through Endor’s trees and forests.
- The 4×4 hatchback car variant of the model is only slightly wider than the speeder bikes seen in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.
For more real-world vehicles which are set up to tackle the Star Wars universe, check out the full Motorparks article here.
Tackle the Star Wars universe, check out the full Motorparks article here.