Having provided audiences the second chapter in the Fifty Shades series earlier this year and a continuation of the story between Dakota Johnson’s Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey, the countdown now begins for the home entertainment release of Fifty Shades Darker.
Set for release on Digital Download from 12th June, and on DVD and Blu-Ray from 19th June, you can enjoy all the features of the release below. Don’t forget to mark the date in your diaries!
When a wounded Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan, “The Fall,” Anthropoid) tries to entice a cautious Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson, How to Be Single, Black Mass) back into his life, she demands a new arrangement before she will give him another chance. As the two begin to build trust and find stability, shadowy figures from Christian’s past start to circle the couple. Jack Hyde (Eric Johnson, “The Knick,” “Smallville”) and Elena Lincoln (Kim Basinger, L.A. Confidential, 9 ½ Weeks) intensify the story, determined to destroy the couple’s hopes for a future together.
Directed by James Foley (“House of Cards,” Fear), Fifty Shades Darker also features Bella Heathcote (Dark Shadows, “The Man in the High Castle”), as well as returning cast members Oscar® winner Marcia Gay Harden (Fifty Shades of Grey, Miller’s Crossing) and Rita Ora (Fifty Shades of Grey).
In addition to both the original theatrical version and a steamy new version with over 13 minutes of footage not seen in cinemas, Fifty Shades Darker Unmasked Edition on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™ and DVD comes with over 30 minutes of never-before-seen bonus content, including cast interviews, behind-the-scenes features, and a peek at what lies ahead in the upcoming Fifty Shades Freed!
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO BLU-RAY™:
- A Darker Direction – Director James Foley explains how his vision had to meet with fans’ expectations.
- New Threats – An introduction to some new, dark and threatening characters, including Jack Hyde, Leila and, of course, Elena Lincoln – aka Mrs. Robinson!
- The Masquerade – This featurette about one of the film’s most iconic scenes — the masquerade benefit event at Grey Mansion — explores the production design and costumes and goes behind-the-scenes with the filmmakers and main cast members.
- Intimate With Darker – An intense look and discussion about the intimate, sensual and provocative world of Fifty Shades Darker, including a visit to the Red Room and, of course, the new “toys!”
BONUS FEATURES on BLU-RAY™ and DVD:
- Deleted Scenes
- Writing Darker – Author E.L. James and screenwriter Niall Leonard trace back the history of the book and introduce viewers to the much darker story and its adaptation to the big screen.
- Dark Reunion – The filmmakers and cast members discuss being reunited for this second film, and where we find Ana, Christian and their friends.
- A Tease to Fifty Shades Freed– A tease to the next Fifty Shades
FIFTY SHADES DARKER is available on Digital Download from 12th June and on Blu-ray™ and DVD from 26th June, courtesy of Universal Pictures (UK).