Most gamers tend to go for padding as a criteria for choosing a decent gaming chair. While padding is necessary, it is not the most important quality. There are a few things to look for when shopping for the best gaming chairs:
- Lower back support.
- Neck, head and hip support.
- Upper back support.
Intense gaming can take quite the toll on you, especially if you game for hours at a time. This is why the set-up is just as important as the equipment. A good gaming chair ensures you fix posture, and you have enough support for the entire duration of your gaming experience.
Let’s take a look at some of the gaming chairs on the market that come highly recommended.
GTRACING Gaming Chair Ergonomic Office Racing Chair
- Adjustable Backrest 90-170 degree safety angles.
- Armrest/seat height adjustment, with 360-degree swivel.
- Maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs.
- Metal frame, removable headrest pillow and lumbar cushion.
- Ergonomic racing design.
- Rock back and forth capability.
- 5 point base built with heavy duty/smooth rolling casters.
- Dimensions: 26.5” (L) x 22.5” (W) x 47.5” -52” (H).
This nifty piece of gaming equipment gives you just the perfect blend of efficiency and comfort. The racing design and multi-functional set up make it ideal for all body shapes and sizes. The lumbar cushioning and detachable headrest allows you to use it for all your office, gaming and study needs. Definitely worth the price on the tag.
- Built in radio wireless receiver.
- RCA outputs: optional RCA cables included.
- Compatibility: PSP vita, Wii U, PS3 PS4, XBOX 360, MP3 players, and most gaming devices.
- Weight capacity 275 lbs.
- Vibration motor syncs/base tones.
- 4 speakers with AFM tech.
The X Rocker Provides a full body experience. The additional vibrations, the immersion sub woofers, all blend together to make it great for anything from playing video games to just relaxing and listening to your favorite tunes. The wireless transmitter makes it compatible with many devices, so you can watch TV, DVD or even play games on it. A top class addition to your gaming rig.
- Bucket seat design, thick padding, high quality leather.
- Pull-out, flip over foot rest.
- Ergonomic design: Rock back and forth capability.
- Adjustable backrest 90-180 degree recline.
- Maximum capacity 310 lbs, dimensions 20.9” x 19.7”. Backrest size 23.2”x 32.2”.
Footrest area dimensions 14.9” x 9.5”.
The high quality leather and extra padding ensure comfort even for long gaming spells. The pull out footrest also gives you that extra bit of recline, in case you want to lean back as you play.
It’s a great accessory for intense gaming overall, ensuring comfort for long hours. The 180 degree recline on the backrest also allows you to turn it into a bed if and when you want a bit of shut-eye in between gaming.
- Integrated metal frame, high density sponge, premium PVC leather.
- Adjustable 90-155 degree backrest recline.
- Seat height adjustment, full 360degree swivel, and a smooth arm rest.
- Ergonomic racing design with a lumbar cushion and a back massage function.
- Maximum capacity 350 lbs.
- 16” (W) 22” (D) Backrest. 23” (W) x 33” (H).
Whether you’re having a long work day or an intense gaming session, the Healgen Gaming Chair ranks right up there with the best of them. The back massage feature relaxes your back while you work or play, while the 5 smooth rolling caster wheels ensure the chair can swivel and rotate seamlessly in any direction.
This is especially useful if you have a PC gaming rig that has several components. The racing design is all about luxury and comfort, with several reviews ranking it as one of the best in the market.
The most important element in intense gaming is comfort. That goes without saying. How relaxed you are actually affects your concentration, your reaction time, and your overall efficiency. A good gaming chair isn’t just physiologically useful, it also helps to fix posture and maintain the overall health of your back.