Last year in March 2019, the NCAA men’s basketball tournament for colleges had one big difference from its previous year’s edition. This was the first time this event was happening when legalizing sports betting by individual states came into effect. Reference: https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/18/investing/ncaa-tournament-legal-gambling-draftkings-new-jersey/index.html
People who bet on sports often know very well how a sportsbook works. A sportsbook is generally meant to denote a platform or a place where bets are placed by the bettors of various sports. Some of the common sports that feature on US sportsbook are football or soccer, basketball, horse racing, boxing, martial arts, hockey and golf.
In the United States, through a law passed in 1992, only Nevada, Montana, Delaware and Oregon states were allowed to legalize sports betting. As a result, even today, majority of the country’s sportsbooks can be found in Nevada. The law however was discontinued in 2018 after which all states the US have the option to legalize sports betting. Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportsbook.
Sports betting has a long history that dates to ancient times. If you are keen to know more about Sportsbook history, some of the most eventful sports bets and the greatest bettors in the history of sports wager, you must read this eye-opening article at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/books/6942116/Sportsbooks-500-Greatest-Gambles-and-Gamblers.html.
Things to know when choosing a Sportsbook
As the digital medium evolved to reach our homes – living rooms and bedrooms, sportsbooks have also evolved to spread their horizon. Today, there are numerous online sportsbook that are proving great on the convenience factor.
Some of the important aspects that one needs to review and consider effectively before associating with an online sportsbook like Unibet are:
- The kind of sports that are featured on the sportsbook. While most of them will cover all the popular sports, you still need to see through the site or the app for more information.
- Betting opportunities that the platform offers
- Find the credibility of the platform in the betting market by searching on Google for Unibet Review and other similar terms.
- Look into how their customer service operates – how helpful and prompt they are, are they good facilitators and so on.
- The sign-up bonuses that the sportsbooks offer. What are the other promotional offers they have?
- How secure is their online network for carrying out financial transactions? Also, checkout the speed of such transactions.
- What are the payout and deposit terms and conditions?
- Are there any back-up or alternate betting options available?
- One of the most important and critical aspects that needs to be reviewed before signing up is the user interface – how friendly or difficult it is or what are the features etc. of the interface?
When signing up with an online sportsbook, make sure to double-check the credibility of the platform. A trustworthy online sportsbook is one that ensures that your personal information is thoroughly protected and secured; has a solid and fast pay out system; lives up to the bets that are placed online, every time; have different promotional offers playing from time to time encouraging bettors to bet consistently; and is fast in resolving issues.