Tyler the Creator and Academy Award®-nominated composer Danny Elfman have collaborated on a re-imagined version of the classic Grinch theme “You’re A Mean One,” out today. The song is from the forthcoming release Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) for Illumination’s newest animated feature, which opens in cinemas on 9th November. Watch the lyric video below!
The Grinch (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) will be released on November 9 via Columbia Records and will feature 13 tracks including “You’re A Mean One” and “I Am The Grinch,” an original song written by Tyler, The Creator. In addition, an original score by Danny Elfman, known for his work on film scores such as The Nightmare Before Christmas and Coraline, will be included on the soundtrack. “You’re A Mean One” is featured in the Official Trailer of the film.
The film, which is adapted from Dr. Seuss’ book by Michael LeSieur and Tommy Swerdlow, is directed by Scott Mosier and Yarrow Cheney. Illumination The film, is produced by Illumination CEO Chris Meledandriand Janet Healy..
This new adaptation of the beloved book by Dr. Seuss tells the story of a cynical grump, who goes on a mission to steal Christmas, only to have his heart changed by a young girl’s generous holiday spirit. Funny, inspiring and visually stunning, The Grinch tells a universal story about the redemptive power of kindness and the true spirit of Christmas.
The Grinch (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch – Tyler, The Creator
- I Am the Grinch – Tyler, The Creator
- Christmas Is – Run-DMC
- Deck the Halls – Jackie Wilson
- Run Rudolph Run – The Brian Setzer Orchestra
- Favorite Things – The Supremes
- ZatYou Santa Claus? – Buster Poindexter and His Banshees of Blue
- Christmas in Hollis – Run-DMC
- Jingle Bells – The Brian Setzer Orchestra
- The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to You) – Nat King Cole
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen – Pentatonix
- A Wonderful Awful Idea – DannyElfman
- Stealing Christmas – DannyElfman
In Cinemas November 9th 2018