Lists are all too common this time of year, and while our top ten movies of the year and favourite scenes played out in 2016 are certainly of great interest, it is the Forbes top grossing actors list that always brings great interest.
This year is no different and is rather dominated by actors featuring in comic book movies, with one female star coming out on top in impressive fashion.
Scarlett Johansson is the top-grossing actor of 2016, having starred in Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War and Coen Brothers’ comedy Hail, Caesar! Looking to build on her success for next year, Johansson is set to star in Ghost In The Shell and Rock That Body.
Joint for second place are Marvel cohorts Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans, while the DC side of the comic book realms see Margot Robbie enter the list at number four and Amy Adams hit the fifth spot, aided by Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and the incredible Arrival. These ladies are also joined by Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill on the list, which is completed by the presence of Ryan Reynolds, Felicity Jones and Will Smith.
You can see the full list breakdown below.
1. Scarlett Johansson – $1.2 billion
2. Chris Evans / Robert Downey Jr – $1.15 billion
4. Margot Robbie – $1.1 billion
5. Amy Adams – $1.04 billion
6. Ben Affleck – $1.02 billion
7. Henry Cavill – $870 million
8. Ryan Reynolds – $820 million
9. Felicity Jones – $805 million
10. Will Smith – $775 million