The right choice of well-known actors can make or break a Hollywood hit, but which actors actually bring in the big bucks for the film companies and which aren’t worth the cash?
New research from RouletteOnline.net uncovers which of Hollywood’s highest earning actors and actresses are worth the money, and which are paid more than they deserve. The research factored in the stars’ estimated earnings per film versus the amount of money their top grossing films have made in order to determine which actors are the most cost-effective.
From Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson to Emma Stone, we’ve compared the return being made from some of the world’s top actors. So the question remains, which actors are worth the money and which don’t make the cut?
The Money Makers
- Samuel L. Jackson – Topping our chart, Samuel L. Jackson makes the studios back a healthy $83.97 for every $1 spent on him. The versatile actor has starred in over 70 films. Jackson is worth $200,000,000 and, as an audience favourite, it’s clear to see why.
- Cate Blanchett – Academy Award winning actress Cate Blanchett comes in at second place, making the film studios back $66.20 for every $1 spent on her. Part of the wildly popular Lord of The Rings series amongst her 41 film roles, Blanchett is worth $85,000,000.
- Robert Downey Jr. – Robert Downey Jr. sits in the bronze position, with a strong return of $47.10 to the film studios for every $1 spent on him. The star has been acting since childhood and is perhaps best known for his roles as the hero in both Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes.
- Jackie Chan – Famed for his prowess in martial arts, Jackie Chan has starred in 29 films and is worth $350,000,000. However, Chan sits in 18th place on our ranking, making back just $5.16 for every $1 spent on him.
- Tom Cruise – As one of the most famous actors in the world today, it might come as a surprise that Tom Cruise sits in the second to last position in the rankings. Despite having the highest net worth of any actor on the list, he makes the studios back only $4.57 for every $1 spent on him.
- Charlize Theron – A female action hero and star in 36 films, Charlize Theron is a force to be reckoned with. However, sitting in last place in our ranking, Theron is the least cost-effective actor and barely breaks even, making studios back $1.19 for every $1 spent on her.
See infographic here(via www.rouletteonline.net).